HISTORY

towers

 

 

 

 

back

On October 19, 1986, the John Paul II Polish Center dedicated a plaque in memory of the Polish martyr of faith, Father Jerzy Popieluszko. The Bell Tower was erected as a symbol of unity of this community calling the members to the worship of Almighty God. The bells (three bells) were cast in Poland in 1987. On November 26, 1989, the Feast of Christ the King, the bell tower was dedicated.

courtyard

 

 

 

 

 

With the new addition to the church buildings, almost 1700 families and still growing, the Center has become a lively cultural and spiritual centerpiece of Polish Americans in Southern California. Our Harvest 'Dożynki' Festival which we celebrate annually on the third weekend of September now gathers more than 5000 visitors. Please visit our website again for updates on the Festival.

 

 

 

 

 

 





Announcements & Schedule
click here >

Papa

Pope John Paul II, Eulogy click here >

 

madonna

Our Lady of Czestochowa
click here >

Our weekly bulletin in PDF file click here

 

 


© 2008 Polish Center